Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dear Clarks, I don't like how girls have flowery shoes...

Dinosaur-mad schoolgirl, 8, takes on Clarks over 'sexist' shoes range covered in flowers and butterflies

An eight-year-old girl has taken on Clarks over its 'sexist' shoes range saying she would rather wear dinosaur trainers than a pair covered in flowers and butterflies.

Sophia Trow took to social media to vent her frustration after being told the Stomp Claw range of dinosaur trainers was for boys only.

She tweeted the multi-national company saying: 'Dear Clarks, I don't like how girls have flowery shoes - I like dinosaurs and fossils, so I think that other girls might as well.'

The eight-year-old from Middlesbrough said she was upset when she was told the specific range, which leaves behind 'awesome' reptilian footprints, was not suitable for female bone structure.

'I really want dinosaur shoes because they leave footprints in the sand and mud,' she said.

'Clarks should learn what girls really want and do something about it.'
She said she felt like killing anyone who told her she couldn't have or do things 'just because I'm a girl'.

'I don't like how girls just have to like pink and purple - I like blue and science and fossils,' she said. 

Sophia's sentiments are backed by her six-year-old sister Helena and their mother, 34-year-old Jane Trow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment